Introduction To Kali Linux Command Line 1

 Linux Command Line
Linux command line looks like this


Like other operating systems like Windows has command prompt and the Mac has terminal, Linux also have Terminal (command line) called Bash that allows you to control the system by entering the text based instructions.When you open the Terminal you will see root@kali:~#root is the superuser on Linux systems,and it has complete control of Kali Linux Operating system.

If you don't know how to install Kali Linux visit this link
What is kali linux and How To Make a Kali Linux Bootable.

If you don't know how to use Kali Linux in virtual machine visit this link
HOW TO INSTALL KALI LINUX ON VIRTUAL MACHINE.
Now we will see the basic commands in the Kali Linux
root@kali:~#ls
Desktop  Documents  Downloads  Music Pictures Public
In the above command the ls command will list the items in that directory(folder) we can see Desktop Documents and other directories(folders).

In the Linux system every thing is file like network,devices,keyboards. Every file can be edited and erased these are series of directories that branched off from the root of the file system (/).
   Some times you may be change to different directories so to see in which directory you are currently working in enter pwd command in terminal.
root@kali:~#pwd
/root
Changing Directories
To move from one Directory ,enter the cd (change directory)command the command is cd directory. The directory is the path to new directory you need to go.for example if you are in the root directory (/) to change directory to Desktop then the command is cd /Desktop. 
Note:Terminal is case sensitive to change directory to desktop you need to enter "Desktop" not "desktop".
root@kali:~#cd Desktop
root@kali:~/Desktop#

If you want to go back to the root directory the you can use cd ..

root@kali:~/Desktop#cd ..
root@kali:~#

Note:Mind the space after cd if not the command is wrong.


Comments

  1. My wife was putting up some attitude and acting strange,and we have been married for eight years,I explained my problems to my friend and he recommended brillianthackers800@gmail.com,I sent him a mail explaining my situation to him and he helped me hack into her phone,Walt sent me a WhatsApp conversation between my wife and her concubine which she told him everything about me and our marriage and he also recorded a call conversation between she and her concubine talking about how they were going to kill me and take my money and properties,I took this to court and I won the case,they were locked up in prison all thanks to Walt who saved my life through his hacking experience,every dollar I spent on this job was worth it,message him and he will help you with your problems.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Weekly Posts

HOW TO HACK ANY PC CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK USING KALI LINUX

HOW TO CRACK MAIL PASSWORDS USING HYDRA ON KALI LINUX .( GMAIL , YAHOO , LIVE) /bruteforce method .

How to crack wpa/wpa2 using crunch